- Vintage TV are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We recognise that privacy is critical and will always offer what we can without taking any identifiable personal information and without requiring you to register for an account. In order to provide some elements of the service, we may need to collect some information, but it will always be optional and by opt-in.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Vintage Entertainment Limited
The Information that Vintage TV Collects
- We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by using our site in order to access the premium and member functionality and associated data sets. We may also ask you for information when you register to receive alerts and access to a personal account, enter a competition or promotion provided by Vintage Entertainment Limited. and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information which the site requires to function.
- Information which the site may use to develop new products or services.
- Information about your friends and others who agree to become registered users of our site on your recommendation.
- If and when you register with Vintage TV you provide us with personal and private contact details including but not limited to your password and email address (“Private Contacts”). This information as provided remains hidden to other users of the site and to businesses.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to interested parties on either a voluntary or commercial basis. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- Vintage TV uses "session cookies" to identify who you are whilst you are logged in and to maintain your logged in status. Session cookies are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- Vintage TV may also use persistent cookies which remain on your computer. These are used for statistical purposes. They may also be used to make your use of the site easier, such as storing your ID so that it is easier for you to log in next time you are on the site. The information stored in persistent cookies is not personally identifiable at present due to the Internet Protocol version used by our site. However, other Internet Protocol versions may make users personally identifiable and you acknowledge and agree that if our site is moved to such Internet Protocol versions we may collect and process data that makes you personally identifiable.
- Any attempt by individuals or businesses to improperly collect or abuse information on Vintage TV is a violation of the Vintage TV terms and conditions and should be reported to Vintage TV immediately.
- This site includes very small files provided by one or more on-line advertising networks that help them more precisely to target advertising to users based on users’ activity on sites within those networks.
“Share” or Tell A Friend”
- Vintage TV will provide a facility to allow users to recommend our site to other individuals (Share or Tell A Friend). In the event you choose to use our “Share” or “Tell A Friend” service we will ask you for information such as their e-mail address and a single message will be sent from you inviting your friend to the site.
Vintage TV Stores Your Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind a firewall. With any passwords you receive to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of Information Obtained by Vintage TV
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about site updates, services and information relevant to your registered status. You may opt out of such emails, though Vintage TV reserves the right to send you notices about your account even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
- To collect and publish aggregated research information without identifying you as an individual.
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
- We only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside Vintage TV in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changing or Removing Information by Registered Users
- If you wish to cancel your relationship with Vintage TV you may do so at any time. However, we may store your personal data for a reasonable period of time in backup copies.
Contacting Vintage TV